Tree Service Groundsman
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 / hour
Honestly, we have probably fired more "qualified" people than we have hired. Why? We are looking for the right personality to fit in with our crews. We are smart enough to train you and wise enough to know we can't change who you are.
This is an extremely physical job at times. You will be dragging brush/branches into the chipper, cutting up logs with chainsaws, moving around wood that can weigh up to 100 lbs. You must use every muscle you've got, including your brain!
To fit in you must:
- Be positive...even if you missed your morning coffee.
- Enjoy serving others by pushing into overtime to get the job done. You want to be a customer service hero. You like knowing clients can sleep better at night now that the tyranny of another hazard tree has ended.
- Enjoy early mornings, hard work, and getting dirty so when you come home at the end of the day, your partner feels sorry for you (or mom, if you still live at home). Go ahead. Take that cold drink and hot meal they present you with at the door. You earned it.
Some cool assets you might bring to the table?
- Mechanical aptitude. Love it. Knowing when a machine might not be sounding quite right and in need of some "wrench-love" is a sensitivity we like to see!
- An interest in training others and continuously learning - even from someone less experienced (we all have something to teach, don\'t we?)
- An interest in helping build a company from the bottom up, giving your suggestions and feedback on how things could be done better. (Yes, you really would have a leader that listens and considers innovative suggestion.)
Want to be at the bottom of our applicant list? Simply send us a standard resume and cover letter, just like every other applicant.
Want to be at the top? Wow and dazzle us with who you are as a person. Tell us what interests you about working for us. Be innovative and creative. Be you. If you make us smile or laugh consider yourself at the top of our "to interview" list.